Thursday, February 23, 2012

Life Ain't No Dress Rehearsal

For a long time, one of my goals has been to write more. As we begin the 40-day journey through Lent, I realized that this might be the perfect time to challenge myself to actually do it - to write something every day, whether I feel like it or not, whether I feel like I have something to say or not, whether anyone reads it or not! One of my disciplines will be to write, to put into words the ever-changing adventure of this journey with God. A dear and inspiring friend likes to remind others that "life ain't no dress rehearsal," so let the show begin.

There's no reason for us to postpone fully living our lives -- God has created each of us uniquely to live our lives as we are. We each have the exact qualities, personalities, bodies, hearts and minds that we need in order to be and do exactly what we are meant to be and do, we each are exactly who the world needs us to be in this moment. So, let's start living, loving, writing, acting, and claiming our place on this wild and wonderful stage.

1 comment:

thandiwe said...

Diane,
What a great Lenten practice. I look forward to reading more of your blog and feel so blessed to have gotten to cross your path several times these last few years. Blessings!
Thandiwe